PTP has designed a special training program for new and veteran organizers who are interested in building their technology skills.
TechCamp training is designed to build the basic skills of community organizers in the key technology competencies for community organizing. If you’re working in community organizing, you’ll want to get to one of our TechCamps.
What can I expect from 3 days at PTP’s TechCamp?
- You will build basic skills in key technology competency areas for community organizing:You will learn about technology in a collaborative, supportive environment with fellow organizers who face the same challenges that you do.
- Basic computer skills: keyboarding, file manipulation, file types and more
- Database skills – manipulating data, running queries, generating reports
- Email and Internet – using email, managing your inbox, dealing with spam, using the web – finding and managing information
- Financially sustaining your technology: how to raise the funds to maintain your technology infrastructure
Who is PTP’s TechCamp for?
This training is for community organizers, leaders, and supporters from grassroots, community-led organizations engaged in systemic social change. It is designed for people interested in building their basic computer skills. TechCamp is a training for organizers by trainers who understand organizing. TechCamp is built on PTP’s foundation of ten years of strategic technology training for community organizing.
Top Five Reasons for Going to TechCamp:
- TechCamp improves your computer proficiency and confidence.
- TechCamp enables you to work more effectively within your organization’s technology environment.
- TechCamp brings you into PTP’s peer to peer learning community of techies and organizers.
- TechCamp builds your relationships with other like-minded people.
- TechCamp will help your organization win more victories!
I have more questions. How do I get them answered?
Please check our Training Information Page or call us at (612) 724-2600.