PTP’s 2012 VOTER Program
Posted by on May 30, 2012 in PTP | Comments Off
What is the VOTER PROJECT?
The Progressive Technology Project has worked with groups since 2004 to help them develop the technology systems, skills, and data integration practices so their voter engagement activities can be more effective and more seamlessly connected to ongoing programmatic work.
PTP’s VOTER Project is designed to help organizations get the most out of their election cycle activities. The VOTER Project helps groups develop better ways to align their programmatic and voter file databases, their organizing, and their communications efforts. Our goal is to provide participating groups with the technology and communications support and backup they need so their voter engagement activity can be used more effectively to build their base and their contact list in PowerBase.
Here’s what we’re offering in the 2012 VOTER program:
- Top priority for technical support — we’ll respond to VOTER PROJECT groups first and will be available for deeper assistance than we can give other groups
- Data systems planning assistance
- Assistance preparing data for export into whatever voter database your organization is using
- Assistance importing voter files into PowerBase
- Up to 75 hours of help from members of the PTP staff. The PTP team includes individuals with extensive expertise in technology, election cycle planning, and strategic communications. For more information about the PTP staff and their skill sets, CLICK HERE.
- Participation in a three-day Summer Camp VOTER Project Shakedown for several staff members. Summer Camp will start the evening of July 30th and will run until 5:00pm Thursday August 2nd and will be held in Burlingame, CA
- Hands-on help, if needed, during election crunch time
- Post-election data and systems check-in and evaluation
Cost: There is none for organizations accepted into the program. PTP raised money for this program, and there is no charge to groups for consulting and technical support. In addition, we pay airfare and room and board for staff members from each organization to attend the VOTER Project Summer Camp.
Eligibility: The VOTER Project is open only to groups using PowerBase.
Application deadline: Applications for early acceptance into the VOTER Project are due by Friday, May 11th, 2012.
Notification: PTP will notify selected groups on a rolling basis starting the week of May 14th. If you have not heard back from us by May 18th, you should assume your organization was not chosen to participate in the program.
Please CLICK HERE to apply for the 2012 VOTER Project.